WordPress.com (different than WordPress.org) is the world’s leading content management system (CMS) that allows you to host and build websites. It contains plugin architecture and a template system, so you can customize any website to fit your business, blog, portfolio, or online store.
How does WordPress compare to its competitors?
WordPress is commonly favored over its biggest competitors including Wix, Weebly and SquareSpace. It may not be the cheapest, but it certainly is cost-effective, and it’s important to us that our clients get the best bang for their buck. Other advantages of WordPress include (but aren’t limited to):
- Best for SEO (this is where our preferred WordPress SEO tool, Yoast SEO, comes to play!)
- Can build incredibly fast website
- Build websites from scratch or choose from 50,000+ theme design templates
- More powerful and feature-rich
- Can redesign the same website entirely using the same (or a new) theme
- Drag + drop design plugins available (i.e., our preferred web builder Elementor) via the Business Plan
Elementor: The World’s Leading WordPress Page Builder
Elementor is a visual, drag + drop page builder, which means you can:
- See a preview of exactly what your page will look like to visitors as you’re building it.
- Drag and drop different content and design elements to create the perfect design.
Elementor is now actively used by over four million WordPress websites, which makes it the world’s leading WordPress page builder. It’s also maintained an impressive 4.7-star rating (out of 5) on over 5,900 reviews, so most of those users are pretty happy with it!
What makes Elementor so successful?
- Lots of content elements — their content elements (aka building blocks of your page) are able to achieve virtually any design or layout you can imagine.
- Responsive design — most people browse the web on smartphones, so it’s important that your designs look great on all devices. Elementor’s designs are responsive by default and you get lots of options to control how it works.
- Style options — you get tons of detailed style options to make your design pixel-perfect without resorting to custom CSS (which adds time and money). Essentially, with Elementor Pro, you won’t need to purchase a theme for your website, because Pro’s Theme Builder features will give us all the tools we need to be able to do everything ourselves, all from Elementor’s user-friendly interface.
- Convenience — you get lots of handy tools like right-click support, a quick find tool, and more to help you build great-looking pages faster. Their user-friendly interface makes it easier for us, but also easier for you if you ever want to make website changes yourself.
- Dynamic content — you can include dynamic content from custom fields and plugins like ACF, Pods, and Toolset.
There are endless reasons why WordPress and Elementor are our #1 picks for any website we work on. If this wasn’t enough to persuade you, feel free to reach out to us with any questions and we’ll be happy to share more information!